Baruntse 7129 meter
In 2008 Bo Belvedere Christensen (BBC), one of the initiators of the Danish Himalayan Society, lead an expedition to the beatifull mountain, Baruntse. It was a very succesful expedition with the following achievements:
- BBC summited on May 15th together with 2 of his 4 clients.
- Furthermore the expedition summited Baruntse II as the first danish climbers. Baruntse II is 6720 meters high.
- During acclimatisation the group reached Mera Peak Central (6461 meter) and Mera Peak North (6476 meter).
- Bo and another from his group reached p.5950 close to Baruntse basecamp presumably as the first climbers ever, at least there was no sign of anybody reaching this summit previously, no cairns and no letfovers from anyone.
Watch videos from the expedition on youtube:
- Video from the succesful climb of Baruntse.
- Video from first unsuccesful attempt.
- Video from Mera Peak climbed as acclimatisation for Baruntse.
The expedition was arranged by danish tour operator Kipling Travel in cooperation with Nepalese tour agent Explore Himalaya.